When I say—pretty much everything—you lose your previous progress but get everything else. Meaning you won’t get your statistics, like games played, win percentage, and streak details. While a workaround may arrive in the future to keep the stats as well but for now, you get the game and sharing functionality. These are two of the most important things of Wordle for most people.
How to download Wordle on your computer
- Open Wordle by visiting “https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/.”
- Now, hit Ctrl + S/ Cmd + S or navigate to the “File” menu and click on the “Save Page as” option. Alternative, you can also right click on the webpage.
- This will open the “Save As” prompt. Select the location where you want to save the game, pick a name (or keep Wordle – A daily word game) and click “Save.” You can save it on the desktop for quick access.
- Your web browser will create a folder containing the webpage files and a separate HTML to render the actual game.
- Next time you want to run the game, click on Wordle – A daily word game.HTML file (or whatever name you picked .HTML file), and it will open in a web browser.
- You can now enjoy the game.
How to play Wordle
H/T Aaron Rieke