Samsung’s QLED TVs have been quite popular with consumers in recent years. After all, they offer lifelike colors, high brightness, and a decent smart TV platform. So, if you are interested in the company’s 2022 QLED TV lineup, here’s everything we know so far.
Samsung 2022 QLED and Neo QLED 4K TV models
Each of Samsung’s 2021 QLED and Neo QLED TVs is getting a successor in 2022. The QN90B is the successor to QN90A, and the same goes for QN85B, Q80B, and Q60B. European markets will also get a QN95B model, but it won’t arrive in North America.
- The QN90B is the flagship 4K Neo QLED TV for Samsung this year. It comes in 50-inch, 55-inch, 65-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes. However, the company is not offering a 98-inch size for the QN90B, as it did for QN90A.
- The QN85B is the second 4K Neo QLED TV in Samsung’s 2022 lineup. Apart from a different design and lower brightness, the QN85B has essentially the same features as QN90B. It’s available in 55-inch, 65-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes.
- The Samsung Q80B is the company’s cheapest 2022 QLED TV that features a native 120Hz panel. It doesn’t get as bright as the QN85B, but it’ll still provide an excellent HDR experience thanks to its 1200 nits peak brightness. You can order it in 50-inch, 55-inch, 65-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes.
- The Q60B is an entry-level QLED model. It lacks a variable refresh rate and HDMI 2.1 ports. But you still get a 4K screen, eARC support, HDR10+ Adaptive. You can buy the TV in 43-inch, 50-inch, 55-inch, 60-inch, 65-inch, 70-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes.
Samsung 2022 Neo QLED 8K TV models
The South Korean company is also bringing successors to its 8K Neo QLED lineup. So, we are getting the QN900B, QN800B, and QN700B. Unfortunately, the QN700B will be limited to certain markets, like Europe, and won’t reach North America.
- The QN900B is the newest 8K flagship TV from Samsung. Except for Dolby Vision support, it has all the bells and whistles that you can think of. You can buy it in 65-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes.
- The QN800B is the second 8K Neo QLED TV in Samsung’s 2022 portfolio. It sits below QN900B and has mostly the same specifications as the QN900B, barring a few exceptions. In addition, the QN800B is available in 65-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes.
Samsung 2022 QLED and Neo QLED TV prices
|Samsung Neo QLED TV model||Size||Price||Preorder/ Buy|
|Samsung QN900B 8K TV||65-inch||$5,000||Amazon/ Samsung|
|Samsung QN800B 8K TV||65-inch||$3,500||Amazon/ Samsung|
|Samsung QN90B 4K TV||50-inch||$1,600||Amazon/ Samsung|
|Samsung QN85B 4K TV||55-inch||$1,500||Amazon/ Samsung|
|Samsung Q80B 4K TV||50-inch||$1,000||Amazon/ Samsung|
|Samsung Q60B 4K TV||43-inch||$550||Amazon/ Samsung|
What’s the difference between Neo QLED and QLED TVs
As you might already know, QLED TVs are essentially LED televisions that employ quantum dot technology. It enables the TVs to display lifelike colors and a wide color gamut. But in some of its QLED TVs, Samsung uses MiniLED backlighting instead of regular LEDs. These TVs are called Neo QLED TVs. So MiniLED backlighting is the only difference between QLED and Neo QLED TVs.
Samsung 2022 Neo QLED, QLED TVs new features
Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLED and QLED TVs bring generational improvements over the 2021 models. There is advanced contrast mapping and better light source control, so you should get a better overall contrast ratio, better black levels, less blooming, more detailed image, and improved HDR performance.
The design of the Neo QLED TVs has also been updated. There are barely any bezels, and the sides have a metallic finish.
Gaming features have also been improved:
- The game bar has new picture genre options.
- The number of HDMI 2.1 ports has been increased to four in most of the QLED and Neo QLED TVs.
- Some of the Neo QLED TVs will also support a 144Hz refresh rate as a part of an overdrive/ overclock option.
- Support for Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce Now cloud gaming services has been added.