Hisense has upgraded pretty much its entire TV lineup in 2022. However, the company is sticking with LED TVs and hasn’t made a jump in the OLED or QD-OLED TV space. Given that Hisense is pretty popular in the value-for-money televisions market, if you wonder which TVs will be available from the company this year, here is everything you need to know.
It’s important to know that the following Hisense TV models and details are only valid for North America. The company sells different TVs with the same model numbers in foreign markets. So, everything you read below is only correct for the US and Canada.
Update (May 18, 2022): Hisense has announced a new TV in its 2022 lineup in the form of U6HF. It’s the first Fire TV model from the company.
Hisense 2022 TVs
Hisense is launching seven televisions in 2022. Four of these TVs are part of the company’s ULED lineup, and three belong to the A-series. The A-series is typically very cheap and caters to the entry-level segment. On the other hand, the U-series offers premium TV features at aggressive prices.
- The U9H joins the company’s U9 series that only had the U9DG model until now. It’s a 4K TV that will come in a single 75-inch size. It’s also one of two Hisense TVs with Mini-LED backlighting.
- The U8H succeeds Hisense’s top-rated U8G TV. It is also getting Mini-LED backlighting and will likely be the TV to beat in 2022. It will arrive in 55-inch, 65-inch, and 75-inch sizes.
- The U7H will sit below U8H in the company’s portfolio. It succeeds the U7G. It’s also a 4K and will come in 55-inch, 65-inch, 75-inch, and 85-inch sizes.
- The U6H will be Hisense’s budget U-series model. Like its predecessor, it features a 60Hz panel. In addition, it will sell in 55-inch, 65-inch, and 75-inch sizes.
- The U6HF is an entry-level 4K TV that runs on the Fire TV platform. It will be offered in 50-inch and 58-inch sizes.
- The A7H is the top-end A-series model. It will have a single size: 85-inch, and it will feature a 60Hz 4K panel.
- The A6H will sit below the A7H. But it will be offered in the most number of sizes for a Hisense TV: 43-inch, 50-inch, 55-inch, 65-inch, and 75-inch. It’ll also have a 60Hz 4K panel.
- Lastly, the A4H will be the company’s cheapest 2022 TV. It will not get the Google TV interface and have a 1080p 60Hz panel. It will sell in 32-inch, 40-inch, and 43-inch sizes.
Hisense 2022 TVs: Price and availability
|Hisense U8H||Starting $1,099||Mid-summer|
|Hisense U7H||Starting $800||Mid-summer|
|Hisense U6H||Starting $580||Summer|
|Hisense U6HF||Starting $530||Summer|
New features in Hisense’s 2022 TVs
All of Hisense’s 2022 TVs, except A4H, run on the latest version of Android TV that features the Google TV interface. The reviewers have praised the Google TV interface, so I guess this is good news. In addition, the company is also adding ATSC 3.0, aka NextGen TV, to most of its televisions. This feature will allow consumers to get 4K TV channels over the air in markets where NextGen TV is available.
Moreover, two of Hisense’s 2022 TVs —U9H and U8H—will use Mini-LED backlighting. Until now, Hisense has stuck with traditional LEDs that that’s changing in 2022. Mini-LED backlighting will allow the U9H and U8H to offer higher brightness levels and better local dimming performance.